Saturday, July 16, 2005

Create Your Own Website

blogger
Some you may have seen my website that I use to post my stories (www.click-chick.com). By the looks of it, it’s actually a blog, but I don’t use it for that purpose. I’ve built other websites before, however, I find this the easiest to update and maintain. I’ve received quite a few questions, comments and compliments about my Click Chick website and wanted to share with everyone how easy it is to create a site of your own.

But, before I go any further, let me explain what a blog is, as some of may have heard of it, but not necessarily know what it is. The word blog is derived from web log – a personal diary, memos to the world, your own breaking news outlet . . . basically whatever you want it to be. It’s a website you use to post whatever you want (including pictures) so visitors can read what’s new with you. Since blogs started, they’ve reshaped the web and enabled millions of people to have their own voice on the web.

There are several different ways to create your own blog website, and various services you can use to start one. My favorite, and what I use is Blogger, which is 100% free and easy to use. First you need a web domain name, easily and inexpensively done by going to www.godaddy.com (prices vary based on length of time you want to keep it, but you can get a domain for as low as $6.95).

After your domain name is setup, go to the Blogger site and follow the easy to understand directions on how to set your website up. First you setup an account, name your blog site and finally choose from one the many templates to suit your own style. You’re now ready to post your first thoughts and photos. As I mentioned earlier, this free service is also great if you just want your own website to promote your work, or simply you as a person.

Blogger was created by a small San Francisco company during 1999, in the midst of the dot-com boom. In 2002, Google bought Blogger in order to help people have their own voice on the web. To create your own web voice, checkout www.blogger.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArmySlowRdr said...

No comments to your blog yet--whaaat!

Your columns are ok by this GUY.

Keep up the great work. Technology is awesome.

Maybe you should cycle. What sports do you like?

check out by webjournal at
www.petekutheis.com

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home