Friday, September 16, 2005

The Life Of A Digital Diva

clickchickstory
I must say that I embrace my lifestyle as a “girl geek.” I love knowing the latest and greatest of what’s out there in the world of technology. There aren’t many of us digital divas out there though. I once again came to this realization recently while having lunch with some of my girlfriends.

First we were talking about “normal girlie” things, next we started talking about my friend’s husband, and how he’s in the IT (Information Technology) field, and she mentioned some of his help desk stories and experiences. I jumped in and shared some stories of my own, and went and went on and on, and probably got a little carried away. Soon, I just saw blank looks from them, then silence. A burst of laughter from all of us broke the silence as they were teasing me on how much of a geek-dork I am. Well, unfortunately none of my girlfriends share this techie interest with me, so I can hardly talk to them about video games, the latest gadget toys or the cool hacks that I’ve done lately.

About two years ago, on a trip to visit some of my husband’s family, his aunt and two cousins thought it would be nice to take me to the mall on a little shopping trip. As we walked around, they were looking at all the clothes, purses, shoes and other accessories. To my delight, I spotted a Software Etc. store. I told them, “I’ll be over there,” as I pointed in the direction of the store, however, they decided to come with me (probably not knowing that I was pointing to the game store). As I walked in the store, I turned around to see if they were behind me. The three of them were stopped and frozen at the doorway. It was as if they hit an invisible wall and couldn’t go any further. I had a good laugh to myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy regular shopping too. In fact I did just buy a purse not too long ago. I just had to make sure it fit my Sony PSP, digital camera and cell phone, in addition to my wallet.

While most women are out getting their hair or nails done, I’d rather spend the money on a new video game or toy. At the magazine rack, while most of the women are looking at the fashion magazines, there I am checking out the latest issue of Wired or PC Gamer. Of course there are many guys out there who can identify with my interest (my husband being one of them), but I’d like to see more of us Click Chick types arise out there. We are few and far between!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home