Friday, January 20, 2006

Snowboarding - Bluetooth Style

audex
Last year I had my first experience of snowboarding down the slopes of Whistler, Canada. It was so refreshing to feel the rush of the crisp cold air rush past me as I flew down the mountain with powder flying in my face. Needless to say it was a blast! Before I went on my journey to the cold, I decided to purchase some snow gear, but back then, there was nothing worthy I could call techie snow wear.

Thanks to Motorola's and Burton's first in a new line of products, now there is such a thing. The Audex Jacket provides slope enthusiasts the ability to enjoy music and phone calls with little or no interruptions. When phone calls come in, the sleeve's control panel allows you to check caller ID and control your iPod (Generation 3 or newer, excluding the iPod shuffle) without taking either out of your pocket. For the phone functions, you can do one-touch voice dial, make a call, end a call and mute with the convenience of the control panel. As for the iPod functions, you can do one-touch volume up/down, play/pause and track forward/back.

Stereo speakers are built into the hood of the jacket and a microphone is embedded in the upper section near the collar, which are integrated to the controls. The control module, speakers and microphone can easily be removed before washing, however the washable connectors remain inside. Your phone and iPod zip up safely into specially designed pockets for a perfect fit, so even if you happen to take a spill on the way down, your toys won’t go flying out of your jacket.

The jacket’s battery lives in the chest pocket and is rechargeable with a Motorola adaptor. The Audex Jacket series includes three styles available in sizes S-XL: Burton Audex Cargo Jacket (Colors: True Black, Mocha, Blue Frost), Burton Audex Down Jacket (Colors: New Brick, Granite, True Black) and the Women’s Audex Duffel Jacket (Colors: True Black, Khaki, Mocha Plaid).

I know that Hawaii isn’t really known for snowboarding, but I know a lot of people who make the trek to the slopes to experience the thrill of fresh powder every year, my brother being at the top of my list. If you’re that crazy, and want to talk and your listen tunes wirelessly on the slopes, the Audex jackets sell for about $600 at www.burton.com. The Audex line will also include Bluetooth-equipped Audex Protective Gear, including the Padded Helmet and the Padded Hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home