Friday, August 03, 2007

Addicted To E-mail

e-mailaddiction
With the iPhone hype still fresh in my mind, I came across the results of an interesting survey recently conducted by AOL. It stated that the majority of us Americans admit to checking our e-mail wherever we are, whether it’s lying in bed falling asleep or at church. I know that’s true for me. As long as my phone is with me I’m constantly checking e-mail. Since I usually receive a minimum of 200 e-mails a day, it’s very efficient for me to check with my phone during my down time, such as when I’m at the gym or on my boat ferry commuting to and from work. Plus, I’m a multitasker, so I’ll habitually try to do at least two things at once. The data was collected from 20 U.S. cities, and the participants were 13 years or older. From this it was determined that the average e-mail user checks his/her e-mail at least five times a day, and 59 percent of portable device users check every time a new message arrives. Of all the cities that were surveyed, Washington, D.C., is the most e-mail addicted, where almost 82 percent of the residents have multiple e-mail accounts.

So, if you think you’re an e-mail addict, you’re not alone. It’s apparently very normal. As for myself, between my workplaces and home I have eight e-mail accounts! That’s probably more than the average person, but it sure keeps me busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home