Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meeting Up With Guy Kawasaki

You probably saw Guy Kawasaki on the cover of this issue of MidWeek (http://www.midweek.com/content/story/midweek_coverstory/just_for_starters/) before you reached this column. I’ve been itching to write about meeting him in my column since right after I attended Macworld, but waited because I wanted it to coincide with the cover story.

When I originally did the interview with Guy, I brought along my husband and my best friend Eva, who was our ride around San Francisco, not to mention an entrepreneur herself. She takes care of the West Coast operations of the L&L Hawaiian Barbecue chain. It was just funny how we were supposed to be there for my story interview, but Guy was so excited to meet “the L&L girl” that in the first few minutes of our meeting we ended up talking about local plate lunches, the L&L locations and Eva’s experience in his area. Heck, my first job in high school through college was given to me by Eva’s parents at L&L.

Anyway, that’s proof right there that not only is Guy a local boy all around, but he has a passion for the entrepreneur. In addition, he’s truly a down-to-earth family guy from Kalihi. He even suggested I challenge his son at a game of Halo 3!

I’m just excited for the new websites he’s trying to promote, seeing where this takes him next. Check the sites out for yourself - Truemors (true-mors.com) and Alltop (alltop.com) - these are also mentioned in Guy’s story in this issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home