Friday, May 05, 2006

YouTube Your Home Videos

youtube
If you use e-mail regularly, chances are your friends have forwarded you countless joke messages, funny pictures or amusing videos. Sometimes I receive some good ones, at other times, sorry to say guys, but those messages just take up space in my inbox. However, if I receive a video that I know was taken by someone I know, I will definitely watch it. The only problem is video files are very large and e-mailing them around can cause some people’s e-mail to crash.

To avoid the hassle of e-mailing huge files, there’s a service called YouTube that allows you to upload your videos and share them with your loved ones, and the whole world. Now all you have to send is a simple link. With YouTube, you can watch first-hand accounts of current events, videos that match your hobbies and interests or just quirky random things. If I ever get the chance to be bored, I find myself logged into this website for hours just browsing all the different videos on there. It sure makes the time past by quickly if you’re sitting at an airport waiting for your plane, or just pure bored (and have an Internet connection).

YouTube started up in February 2005, and now there are more than 40 million videos on there for you to enjoy. An average of 20,000 new video clips are uploaded every day, and it keeps growing. It also attracts approximately 15 million plays daily. YouTube originally began as a personal video sharing service, but it has grown into a web entertainment destination. You can sign up to be a member for free, and that allows you share and comment on videos. If you want to remain anonymous and just view videos, membership is not required. With YouTube, you can tag your videos to enhance others’ searches, join groups or create groups to interact with individuals with similar interests or make your videos public or private.

I haven’t come around to put my own videos on there yet, but my husband does have a couple on there. If you’re curious enough to take a look, one of them is a compilation of video clips we took in 2003 when the Thunderbirds came to Hawaii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAueq4XxpYU), and the other is footage that my brother recently took of the heavy rains around our family house in Maunawili Valley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kHvmjSCzc).

Make your own videos famous at www.youtube.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mansoor Qaisar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home