Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Untangling A Headphone Problem

cordgo
One thing that frustrates me is untangling my headphone cord when I’m all set to go on a run. I feel like I’m wasting so much time fighting with the jumbled mess. A few times I’ve just gone running with a tangled cord as a result of not wanting to deal with it. Ever since I found the Cordgo at MacWorld, I have no need to deal with this problem anymore.

The Cordgo is such a small, simple little device, yet a huge sanity saver. Once you have it set up, it’s simple to use with one hand. When you first look at it you might wonder how it works, and how to take it apart for setup. It’s actually quite easy. First you push the clip, and it releases the lid as you pull on it. You then loop your cord through the spindle, pop the lid back onto the unit, and rotate it using your thumb in a circular motion to retract the cord.

When you’re ready to remove your cord back out, you evenly pull both ends of the cord, and it comes right out. Depending on how long and thick your cord is the Cordgo can hold an average of six feet. The clip comes in handy to hook onto your sleeve, and your headphones are no longer weighted down to pop out of your ears.

Apparently the whole tangling frustration is shared. "I came up with the idea after untangling my headphones for the millionth time,” said Darrel Hade, President of Wing Products and the inventor of the Cordgo. “I also had problems with the cord getting in the way and the weight of the cord pulling the earbuds from my ears. The experience of listening to music should not have to include the frustration of dealing with headphone cords. While the concept is fairly simple, the design is pretty sophisticated - it took many prototypes to get it right. I think anyone that uses a Cordgo will find it difficult to do without. It takes away the issues of tangled, lost and damaged cords, not to mention cord interference. People that like gadgets will find it an interesting device,” Hade added.

You can find this neat invention at www.cordgo.com. It’s $9.95, with a buy one get one free special. There’s no limit on the quantity (buy two, and then two are free, and so on and so forth). Unfortunately you can't find this anywhere in the state yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home