Friday, March 03, 2006

Gorilla Pod Fun

gorillapod
I find it difficult to go anywhere without my trusty camera. I’m one of those people who are always trying to take pictures of myself along with my friends/family by finding the perfect place to position the camera. I’ve done just about anything from balancing my camera on a pile of books, clothes, on the car, between rocks or in a tree. I discovered the neatest tripod for that still lets me do all my fanatical cropping, but just a little easier, and without the fear that my camera will fall.

The Gorilla Pod, made by Joby, is the answer to my crazy camera habits. If I had to take an educated guess, they probably named this neat little invention after the fact that it will do almost anything by clinging and hanging, as a gorilla would, to take your perfect pictures. It looks like something that came out of a sci-fi movie, yet it’s tailored specifically for compact digital cameras with its built-in removable slim-line attachment. The little doohickey stays in your camera (screwed into the bottom) to allow for nearly instant setup each time you use your Gorilla Pod.

The flexible joints of the Gorilla Pod rotate 360 degrees to form your perfect camera angle. Its ring and foot grips provide extra gripping power for most surfaces, so it’s fairly difficult for it to slip around and fall while you have it propped somewhere. Most importantly, the lock ring right below the attachment provides extra security for your camera to ensure that it is absolutely attached to your Gorilla Pod.

Weighing in at only 1.6 ounces and approximately six inches long, it is definitely not your traditional tripod. This is something you can have fun with since it’s so portable and lightweight. It also doesn’t require an elevated or flat surface, so it’s really an anytime, anywhere and everywhere addition to your camera. It has already significantly helped me with all my nighttime open shutter pictures that I love to frame. Previously I would always have a difficult time finding a place to put the camera, and I do not enjoy lugging around my tripod. Even the standard compact tripod isn’t all that portable. Now my picture taking power is infinite!

Discover more about the Gorilla Pod for yourself at www.gorillapod.com. It is $23.95 for the unpackaged version or $26.95 for the nicely packaged version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home